Dr. Alisha Shafjeer
Sr.Consultant in High Risk Pregnancy & Infertility
MD(OBGYN), MRCOG (UK), DNB,MBBS
She brings with her a wealth of experience and international exposure to ensure that you experience the best of treatment and monitoring through the latest medical practices.
BRIEF OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Currently working as Consultant in high risk obstetrics at CRAFT (Centre for Research in Assisted Reproduction and Fetal Therapy) Hospital & Research Centre, Kodungallur, Thrissur, Kerala, India from May 2014 onwards. She's also working as a Visiting Fertility Specialist at Safa Medical Center, Dammam for five days in a month.
- Worked as Specailist Gynecologist at Safa Medical Center, Dammam, Saudi Arabia from August 2009 to March 2013 after clearing Saudi Council for Health Specialties exam.
- Worked as Consultant in\Reproductive Medicine at CRAFT , Thrissur, Kerala, India from 2005-2009.
- Worked as Assistant Professor(OBGYN) Government Lady Goschen Hospital in Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka, India from May 2004 to May 2005.
- Worked as Consultant in Arafa Hospital India From 2003 to April 2004.
- Been a Resident in OBG in Government Lady Goschen Hospital Mangalore, Karnataka Sep 1999 to July 2002.
- Worked as Junior Resident in the department of Paediatric Cardiology in AIIMS (All India Institute Of Medical Sciences) New Delhi, India from July 1999 to Sept 1999.
Presentations and participations
- She has been awarded the prestigious Dr. Vijay Patil award by the president RCOG (London) in May 2013 for securing highest marks among all the members of RCOG of Indian nationality who appeared for MRCOG examination in May 2013.
- Contributed on the website (drcog-mrcog.info) of Dr. Tom McFarlane about advice on preparation for MRCOG part 2.
- Attended World Congress RCOG 2014 as a delegate at Hyderabad.
- Done a video presentation on “Oocyte Retrieval” in Youth Congress OBGYN held at Kochi, India in 2009.
- Presented a talk on “Evaluation of an infertile couple” in All Kerala Obstetrician and Gynaecology Conference (A.K.O.G.C) Alleppy, Kerala, India on February 2007.
- Presented a paper on “Comparative study of various methods of fetal weight estimation at term pregnancy” at XIV K.S.O.G.A.2009 conference on 12.08.2000 held in Davengere, Karnataka, India.
- Participated as a delegate in “Progress” 2001 in Chennai.
- Participated in a CME on blood banking at Mangalore on 26.12.2001.
- Participated as a delegate in 41st national conference – OBG at Lucknow.
- Well trained in all aspects of infertility including couple counselling, patient recruitment, stimulation protocols, patient monitoring by USG, OPU, ET, Post ET follow ups, management of OHSS.
- Undergone training in Obstetric Doppler and Fetal Echocardiography at Mediscan Systems, Chennai in July 2007.
- Undergone two months basic training in abdomen and obstetric ultrasound at Mediscan Systems, Chennai under Dr. S. Suresh in October 2004.
- Undergone two weeks training in diagnostic laparoscopy at Bangalore under Dr. B. Ramesh in August 2004.
- Had been taking theory classes and bed side clinics for both undergraduate and postgraduate students in Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
- Received prestigious Dr. Vijay Patil award in May 2013 from the president RCOG, Dr. Tony Falconer at London (UK).
- Received 1st prize in a short paper presentation titled “Shoulder “dystocia” in BSOG 2001.
- Received 1st prize in quiz competition in TVM OBG 2000 CME nd Conference on 11.06.2000 held in Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Received 1st prize in Pulse polio quiz 97-98 competition organised by Department of Paediatrics KIMS, Hubli, Karnataka on 16.1.1998.
- Been runners up of Novelon trophy quiz contest on family welfare held on 30.08.1997 at KIMS, Hubli, Karnataka.
- Secured 2nd place in Dhanvantri quiz conducted by Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, KIMS, Hubli, Karnataka on 19.07.1996
- Received Ramesh B. Narsayya Menorial merit scholarship for securing highest martks in pathology.
Welcome to 'ONLINE MEDICAL CONSULTATION' of CRAFT HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH CENTRE with our Specialist Doctor's
CRAFT panel of Doctors will provide you with an Online solution to your problem. Please note that we do not sell prescription
drugs and do not provide you with a prescription. We can only give you advice and recommendation